Food Service Buyer
Food Service Buyer
May 12, 2021
M.R. Williams, Inc. is a family-owned business where convenience distribution is done differently. Established in 1976, M.R. Williams, Inc. has evolved throughout the years partnering with the convenience store channel to provide not only products and customer service but technological solutions unlike any other. Our employees understand their purpose is to make every decision by first asking how it will impact the customer. We take pride in understanding our customer’s needs while providing solutions through our selfless service and our continuous search for improvements. We are excited to find added talent that believes in our customers like we do.
About the Role
The Food Service Buyer is responsible for utilizing our K3S buying system to daily purchase food service products and supplies for the convenience store channel and college accounts. This role also uses the AS400 for item and vendor maintenance. As the buyer you are accountable to slow moving inventory, understanding product trends, maintenance of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), and assisting our Food Service Sales team with customer needs. This role works with our Purchasing and Food Service teams at our corporate office in Henderson, NC.
· Assists Food Service Sales Manager in administrative needs for specific vendors/product category
· Responsible for purchasing product to ensure adequate levels of inventory
· Assist with product setup, pricing, reports, vendor setup
· Ensure order confirmations have correct information and update AS400 accordingly
· Assign replacement items as needed
· Maintain all vendor documentation
· Maintain all vendor and product information in AS400
· Handle return authorizations and assist warehouse with product questions
· Manage special projects identified by Food Service Sales Manager
· Communicate product issues
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
· 2+ years Food Service buying experience
· Strong communication skills
· Organized and detail-oriented
· Flexibility and strong follow up
· Food Service knowledge / training
· High School Diploma, Associates Degree
Why M.R. Williams?
Do you love a small, family-oriented atmosphere? We are all a big family that depends on one another to get the job done. No one can do it alone and each person is essential. From the janitor to the executive, each role’s performance is vital, and everyone pitches in. Like the saying goes “when times get tough, the tough get going.” We certainly do at M.R. Williams, Inc., and we do it together. We would love to add you to our team! Apply today.