M.R. Williams, Inc. is a family-owned business where convenience distribution is done differently. Established in 1976, M.R. Williams, Inc. has evolved throughout the years partnering with the convenience store channel to provide not only products and customer service but technological solutions unlike any other. Our employees understand their purpose is to make every decision by first asking how it will impact the customer. We take pride in understanding our customer’s needs while providing solutions through our selfless service and our continuous search for improvements. We are excited to find added talent that believes in our customers like we do.
About the Role
The Transportation Assistant Manager partners with our Transportation Manager to oversee DOT/FMCSA compliance, safety audits, operational requirements, and project management.
· Partner with Transportation Manager on the day to day operations.
· Backup CDL A Delivery Driver as needed.
· Assist Manager to ensure all operations follow Federal and State regulations.
· Manage all DOT required documentation.
· Assist in managing all equipment maintenance and budget requirements.
· Oversee Truck Tech, Roadnet, Rydesmart and other required programs.
· Assist the Transportation Manager and Sales Management with delivery schedule changes / route adjustments.
· Assist manager in payroll.
· Partner with Transportation Manager with ongoing education and training.
· Assist in overseeing departmental safety / training.
· CDL A License
· 3-5 years’ experience in Transportation / Operations
· Leadership / management experience
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· Flexibility, multi-tasking, process oriented
· Excellent computer / Microsoft Office skills
Why M.R. Williams?
Do you love a small, family-oriented atmosphere? We are all a big family that depends on one another to get the job done. No one can do it alone and each person is essential. From the janitor to the executive, each role’s performance is vital, and everyone pitches in. Like the saying goes “when times get tough, the tough get going.” We certainly do at M.R. Williams, Inc., and we do it together. We would love to add you to our team! Apply today.